Friday, September 26, 2008

Why throw up?

Most of you know, my Spencer has a pretty good smeller. A while back, I bought some Western Family brand Parmesan cheese. I don't usually because it doesn't taste the best. I like the real thing. Spencer, who usually loves Parmesan cheese, wouldn't eat what I made with it because he said it smelled like throw up. I don't have the best smeller, and couldn't really tell, and made him eat some anyway, and he threw up. I know, I get what I deserve.


Anywho, the next time I pulled it out (at lunch when Spencer wasn't around). I got a whiff of it and it did smell like, well, throw up. So, I look at the bottle a little closer...




I know, you can't see, but if you could, you would see that it has expired. Not only has it expired now, but it expired before I got it! And that is what ticks me off! I know, I should look at the dates, and I do when it comes to dairy and meat, but come on! Why should the consumers have to watch that so carefully. It is THEIR job! I am paying them by purchasing their stuff to make sure that it is OK. It seriously makes me never want to go back there. It is the same with milk that hasn't expired and is rancid when you open it the first time, or cheese that is so sharp your eyes water just opening the package, or bread that is moldy the next day after buying it. And I am too nice, I can't take it back. It is embarassing for some reason. So, just do your job, don't sell me stuff that is bad. You won't take a bad check, so don't give me bad food, ...I'm just sayin'.

4 comments:

Sher said...

Eeewww! I'm with you on returning stuff. I HATE it. I don't know why. It's like I spent all that time and effort to go to the store to buy the damn crap, now I have to spend more time and effort to return it!
You should, though, cuz maybe you'll get a free year supply or something.

Heather - said...

I love it when you get on your soapbox...it's all been really good stuff. I think that next time the family gets together, we should pull out a real saopbox and all take a turn...that could get interesting

Lhone said...

I like heather's suggestion. Let's all rant! I have a few things I could say!

Batistas said...

We just had the same experience with milk...the only difference here in Spain is that you don´t get fresh milk you get milk in a box!! WARM My kids and I will only drink it with nesquick. At least that is the real deal here! I am such a cheap skate that if I have a chance I take it back, but this time I didn´t think that I could pull it off with my broken Spanish and Diego wasn´t going for it since it was only 70 cents!! Hey that is almost 1 US dollar! Money doesn´t grow on trees my husband!