Two Sundays ago we had a lesson in church about optimism. We talked about always looking for the silver lining in everything, so this past week, here was my attempt at optimism:
- To the snow - at least it will warm up enough to not hang around...
- To the cold - I get to have Hot Chocolate everyday if I want...
- To Jayden pooping on the carpet (twice if you must know) - at least he took his pants and undies off. That tells me he actually knew that he needed to go poop - he is capable. Even if he doesn't want to. That means I can punish him for his naughty choice.
- To the kids not wanting to eat what I made for dinner - More for me to eat.
- To Steve working a TON - I got sole control of the TV remote.
- Jayden throwing up in the middle of the night - at least it was only once and didn't get on the carpet.
- Stake Conference on Sunday - We could play hookie and no one would know.
I know, for every ONE reason that I came up with for it to be a good thing, I can think of AT LEAST THREE different reasons why it sucked... just sayin'.