I use them for everything...
- A book mark - I even can jot down the page that I was last on if one of my kids thinks it would be funny to pull it out.
- A chore chart - I have taken up giving my kids each a chore list on an index card everyday when they come home from school. I list on them what needs to happen before they play with friends, activities they have that day so they (and I) don't forget and even stuff that needs to be done before bed. Which is great, so that when they ask if they can play with friends, or play on the computer, or watch TV, I can say, "Is your card done yet?". I am no longer the bad guy. The fun thing for them too, is that they like crossing things off as they get them done.
- A reminder - I have a card for me too of the things that have to be done that day. That way, I can constantly remind myself of what is happening that day and hopefully not forget anything. It also helps me prioritize what has to be done.
- A scratch piece of paper - I keep several in my purse. They are great for writing down things like prices for comparisons when you are out shopping, or an address when you are out and someone tells you where something is.
- And the all important toothpick - and don't say gross! It has come in handy when I have been out at a restaurant with Jayden and he gets something stuck in his teeth. He is not a patient kid, and when something is stuck, he wants it out NOW!
Like I said, I LOVE index cards! Just sayin'.