Thursday, December 11, 2008

One thing I would not want to live without

I am grateful for heated seats in my car...

We call it 'toasty bum'. Just knowing that when I get in the car I can flip the switch and have a nice toasty bum in a matter of minutes makes me think that I can make it through winter. I HATE being cold. It makes me miserable. It is the one and only thing that I don't like about living in Utah.

When it is so cold outside that your pants are cold enough against your skin that it actually hurts is maddening. Yet I am claustrophobic enough to not want to wear leggings under my pants. I do in the morning when I go walking and if I know I am going to be outside in the cold for a long period of time, but when I am just running from the car to the store, I can't bring myself to do it. However, coming back from the store to the car, there is always the promise of 'toasty bum' and that makes me happy.

Sometimes I will get in the car after putting the groceries in the trunk and Melissa will have flipped the switch for me and that makes me even more happy. It's a sign of love because as much as I don't like being cold, she doesn't either. However, she will sacrifice being cold for fashion. She doesn't like to wear her big heavy coat if noone else has started wearing their big heavy coats for school yet. Also if her coat doesn't match her outfit she will wear two smaller jackets so she looks better.

And kids and cold... drives me nuts! First of all, you have to bundle them all up in their snow clothes to go outside and play. Then they come in all wet and drippy and cold! Their nose is cold, their face is cold and even their covered up parts are cold! Not to mention the whole time they are playing outside, I worry about them getting cold, or freezing their little fingers (even with gloves on). Even just to go out to the store is a pain, they wear their puffy coats and you got to buckle them in the car... Argh! Summer better hurry! I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

Lhone said...

First, I can't believe you cussed on your blog! Mom would die. I think putting crap on is getting chancy....anyway...

I love my heat seater. And yes, I call it the heat seater, not a seat heater. Don't ask why. worth it!!!

Judy said...

I remember before we got our van, you saying you loved the heated seats. I remember thinking, "hmm, ok" ... but I LOVE THEM!