Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year Quiz

I stole this from Sher, her answers were fabulous and mine not so much so because 2008 was kind of depressing for us.



{Side note: We thought that 2008 was going to be a better one in light of Melissa's 2007 cancer scare/blood problem, but we were poorly mistaken. When talking with a friend over the weekend, we said that we were hoping 2009 was a better year for us and he said, "Yea, it can't get much worse can it?" Yeah, it can, but we hope not! - Cross your fingers, knock on wood, etc.}



A New Year Quiz-



1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Get sued. Except it wasn't me that was sued it was Steve, but what happens to one, happens to the other right?



2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? One of my new year's resolutions last year was to be a better blogger - um it took me until April to get around to that, but I think I've done pretty well. I can't remember any others, so I guess the answer to that is a big no! This year, you read I already made one.



3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Lisa and Heather which I still think you guys are crazy, but to each his own. Motherboard did too, and regardless of what other people say, having a baby gives you every right to take a break from "stuff". My next door neighbor did too. Good thing because some day Jayden is going to need a friend. Melany gave birth and she's the winner, she did it in Spain and I am sure that their hospitals are just as good as ours, but the thought still scares me. Brooke my SIL did too. I am sure there are others I am forgetting, but isn't that enough? I'm just glad it wasn't me.



4. Did anyone close to you die? Not close-close, but my SIL sister died and that was close enough for me. All though I would like to see my Grandpa die soon. And no it's not morbid, he's been without his wife a long time and I would like ot see them reunited soon and before he gets to needy.



5. What countries did you visit? Does LA count as another country? Just kidding...



6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Steve having a regular paycheck.



7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why? The day Steve quit his job and all of the crap that ensued after that.



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving Jayden's first year without his getting majorly hurt and without being poisoned.



9. What was your biggest failure? Man, this is a toughy because I wouldn't say I had one big failure, but several small ones. I won't divulge those because that would ruin the perfect image you all have of me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I broke my toe kicking my bedroom door, hurt like hell for about 6 weeks, but I guess you could say I deserved that one. I never went to the doc, I just assume I broke it since it hurt so long, and I couldn't move it. Besides that, we all got the flu in October and that is always fab.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I bought Steve a TV for his birthday. Which was a very good thing because shortly after Steve quit his job, our family room TV went out, and we put the TV from our room in the family room. That TV was the first one Steve and I ever bought and we bought it off Steve's brother for like $25 since it didn't have closed captioning.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My kids and hubby of course, they put up with me!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No comment...

14. Where did most of your money go? It went towards surviving.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? We took the kids to Disneyland.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I don't know about that one.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier I think?
b)thinner or fatter? THINNER! It is taking me a long time to get rid of the 'Jayden-fat' as I like to call it. Also I am running a half-marthon this month, so that might have something to do with it.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, starting out with a new company will do that to you.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining

19. What do you wish you'd done more of? Being thankful

20. How did you spend Christmas? At home with my family and then at my Mom and Dad's.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Besides still loving my hubby and kids, I found a new combo that I really like - Diet Coke and 70% Dark Chocolate. You gotta try it, but I don't know if I'd call it love.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Can I plead the 5th? I kind of watch TV I am sure my parents wouldn't approve of. You know, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The Bachelor, Momma's Boys, ER, need I say more?

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Sher said that she couldn't think of anyone that she dislikes, um I can think of several, but none that I would care to mention.

24. What was the best book you read? I would have to say it's a toss-up between A Thousand Splendid Suns and Blink (it's the nerd in me).

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Discovering that Jayden REALLY likes music and it has increased his vocabulary and ability to speak by a lot.

26. What did you want and get? New running shoes (but I bought them myself). Oh, and I guess the credenza Steve bought me for my birthday that is in the entry way.

27. What did you want and not get? Do I have to chose one? I want a guitar and a pedicure - have you seen my feet?

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Mamma Mia, I REALLY like the music.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? {Shouldn't that read how old are you?}
I can't remember what I did, but I turned somewhere in my 30's. Won't say specifically for the whole cyber-terrorist thing.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Steve not being sued.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Lacking

32. What kept you sane? Going to my happy place mentally

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Mitt Romney

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The props in California and Arizona

35. Who did you miss? My friend Melany. I haven't seen her for a very long time.

36. Who was the best new person you met? There are a lot of people that I have already met, but I have really liked getting to know them more through blogs.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Heavenly Father is mindful of us ALWAYS and if we listen to His promptings life may not be great at the time, but we'll come out on top at the end.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I got a brand new attitude and I'm gonna wear it tonight." Pink- So what. I have definately learned a bunch this past year, but heres to a better 2009!

You are welcome to copy this on your blog, I would love to hear your answers!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Loved it!!!! I will be chuckling for awhile today! Thanks for brightening my day.

Judy said...

Diet Coke and 70% dark chocolate? Hmm... it just doesn't sound good. Maybe it's my, "you gotta mix something sweet with salty... " but it just doesn't sound good.

Sher said...

Wow! Steve got sued? I might have to hear that story!
I loved "Splendid Suns" and you know my thoughts on "blink" ;)
So, do you mix the chocolate with the coke, or do you just eat one then drink the other?
Sorry, you had a crappy year. I hope 2009 goes great for you!!

Lhone said...

Great answers! You didn't mention that you WATCH shows like the Bachelor and Momma's Boys. You mean we could be ranting about how Misti is out to like JoJo just to prove a point, when he thinks she likes him?

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Great answers. Thanks for sharing. I do have to admit, I haven't seen any of those TV shows so I can't comment on how appropriate they are. I'll take your word for it that I wouldn't approve. Mom