Monday, January 26, 2009

Twilight

So I thought that I would give the Twilight Series another shot. I read book 1 and 2 a while back and stopped there. Why on earth did I stop? Bella. She bugs the heck out of me! Seriously, is it just me or does anyone else want Edward to dump her and run?

I just finished book 1 (again) yesterday. And while there are some things that I picked up on the second time around, and while I still read it in a short time (I started it on Friday night), and while I still like the vampire characters, I still can't stand Bella. It keeps me wondering what Edward sees in her.

My main reason for not liking her is she is so dang whiney! And I get enough of that from my kids to last me a lifetime. I do not need to hear it from her during my fun reading time. I don't know what happens in Books 3 and 4, but right now I am screaming at Edward to just bite her and turn her into a Vampire already. Pah-leeese! And do it quickly because she isn't getting any younger. And later on she won't be able to do the highschool thing with you over again in 20 years when you are 17 still.

It's like that whole Benjamen Button thing. Older women with younger men creaps me out. That includes you too Ashton and Demi! Why is it that when a teacher dates her students people get all up in arms about it, yet when a 40 something goes after a 20 something everyone is all, "You go girl!" about it? Afterall, the 20 something teacher and 17 year old student are closer in age.

This post kind of ended up in a different spot than I intended. It must be the fact that I am trying to be good. (Yet I am failing miserably.) I am trying to be nice and not say things that I shouldn't. So, I think I will go back to reading book 2 and hope for Bella to be a vampire. Although as with my kids, I am sure that when or if she gets what she wants, she will find something else to complain about because I think when it comes down to it, some people just like to complain. I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Bella doesn't get any better... she whines right up until the end. I never end up liking her better and I kind of end up liking her even less, but I just wanted to see how it ends. I ended up being annoyed with the last book (which could get you in big trouble there are DIE HARD Twilight fans out there).

I had a roommate in college who married her high school drama teacher. Seriously. She was wearing a letterman's jacket when I first saw her. It had the graduation year, which was 10 years before she would have graduated... long story short, it was her boyfriends, who happened to be her teachers. BUT she said they didn't start dating until after graduation... RIGHT after graduation. She was no longer my roommate after that semester because they ended up getting MARRIED! I even went to their reception.

Heather - said...

I liked the first book, and I liked Bella...but I am kind of a whiner so I guess I can relate. For perspective, I did read the chapters that Stephenie Meyer had written of "Midnight Sun" (Edward's perspective) from her website. It helped me see what he saw in her.
That being said, I don't really like the rest of the books. Like Judy said, it's nice to know the rest of the story...but I went from liking Bella to wishing she wasn't the main character anymore. I'm with you - the vampires are much more likeable characters.
I wish she would have stopped at the first book.

Lhone said...

creepy about the old cougars out there. And, I never got into the books, and never plan to.